Lower School Division Teacher 2021-2022
• Utilize best instructional practices, methods, materials and technology to increase student achievement.
• Inspire and encourage student enthusiasm for learning.
• Effectively manage the classroom to foster our school’s culture which promotes high academic achievement and intellectual engagement.
• Teach necessary developmental skills based on school’s scope and sequence.
• Implement 21st century technology into classroom instruction as the Lower School embraces a 1:1 iPad program.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with fellow grade level teachers as well as students’ parents.
• Maintain careful class records.
• Carefully supervise and assure student safety daily.
• Engage in the school community and sponsor after-school club opportunities.
• Preferably a M.A. in Elementary Education.
• Four + years of elementary teaching experience.
• Knowledge of elementary curriculum and instructional strategies.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
• Ability to anticipate and plan diverse instruction.
• Strong classroom management skills, procedures and strategies for working with students.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Enthusiasm for education and student engagement.
• Sense of humor.
Please contact - Susanne Swain, Head of Lower School – 884-9109 or email@example.com
Coaching Opportunities (Varsity, Junior Varsity, Middle School)
Experienced coaches willing to support and advance the HRA athletic program may send a resume and letter of interest to Laura Stoner, Athletic Director, at Lstone@hra.org
Hampton Roads Academy is looking for energetic and engaging substitute teachers to work with students of all levels, from pre-kindergarten to high school. The most successful candidates will be detail-oriented and enjoy working with children. Official experience and/or a state teaching license is welcome but not required. Successful candidates will have to undergo a background check and be comfortable with all current COVID-19 policies.
Daily Substitute: $80/day
Long Term Substitute: $120/day
If interested, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Christine Holloway, Chief of Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Care and Enrichment Staff
Join the HRA community of dedicated professionals whose compassion and commitment nurture the needs of our students. The Extended Care & Enrichment program offers exciting opportunities which enhance the student experience at HRA for the varying ages. Our program offers superior care by providing quality interactions between staff and students, while the policies, experiences and activities promote social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development in our students. Professional development and training are provided throughout the year. We require creative and talented individuals who love working with children. Experience working with children is recommended. Successful candidates will have to undergo a background check and be comfortable with all current COVID-19 policies.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to Shirley Tanguy, Director of Ancillary Programs, email@example.com