Position: Summer Camp Counselor
Qualifications: The ability to relate well to children and adults, including parents, staff members, and visitors is required. Experience working with groups of children from preschool to fifth grade.
The Camp Counselor must be able to lead and actively participate in sports/games with children, be able to effectively monitor behavior while using appropriate discipline techniques, and develop age appropriate activities. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean summer program site; ensuring a high level of program quality and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. The Camp Counselor will provide a positive role model to youth & teens within the philosophy of HRA Summer Camp standards and expectations. This will be done under the direction of the Director of Ancillary Programs.
1. Minimum of 18 years of age.
2. Experience working with children in a supervised setting preferred.
3. Proof of a negative TB test within the last two years.
4. Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/O2 prior to first day of working camp.
5. Complete and maintain required trainings to include but not limited to: New Employee Orientation, Daily Health Observation, and other training as assigned.
6. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check, sex offender registry, and Child Protective Services check
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Arrive to work on time, as scheduled, ready to work.
2. Supervise the children, with first priority on their safety, at all times following risk management policies.
3. Participate and encourage positive participation of all students in daily activities and events.
4. Responsible for care of all facilities, equipment and supplies.
5. Prepare and maintain necessary supplies and stay within budget guidelines.
6. Communicate with parents, co-workers, and supervisor about incidents involving children’s behaviors, learning issues, or other problems.
7. Attend staff meetings, mandatory trainings, and other HRA events.
9. Follow HRA policies and procedures including discipline procedure.
10. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to Shirley Tanguy, Director of Ancillary Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org