Inclusion, Equity & Diversity
Hampton Roads Academy is committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Preparing our students for life in college and beyond, requires diversity and inclusion to be woven throughout our curriculum, programs, policies and hiring practices. We must demonstrate through words, actions and programs, our inclusive and compassionate environment while promoting awareness, acceptance, and diversity for the HRA community.
Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Commitments:
- Work towards an inclusive community where everyone feels valued, accepted, protected, and safe but not necessarily comfortable.
- Foster the development of diverse young leaders who will have the confidence to work towards excelling intellectually, artistically, physically, and morally in higher education and in life.
- Show a commitment to hiring diversity throughout all Faculty, Staff and Trustee positions.
- Build and teach a curriculum that speaks to diverse views and experiences.
- Celebrate and grow a diverse student body.